Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

What I Use: Part 1 - Software

Hey, Mister IQ here to introduce a new segment here at SACGS called “What I Use”.  This will be a 3 part series consisting of what software I use, the hardware I use, and the websites I use. Today, I will be talking about software and I will be talking about the other topics later in the month. Then, in April and May, I will be reviewing all of these picks.  Let’s get started!

Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Ultimate
Web Browser:  Mozilla Firefox(main browser)(Windows, Mac, and Linux) and Google Chrome(for blog purposes)(Windows only)
Instant Messenger:  Pidgin(Windows, Mac, and Linux)
Twitter Application:  blu (Windows Vista and 7 only)
Media Player: 
Apple iTunes(Windows and Mac) and VLC Media Player(Windows, Mac, and Linux)
Image Editor:  The GIMP(Windows, Mac, and Linux)
Basic Image Editing:  Microsoft Office Picture Manager(Windows only)(included in all versions of MS Office 2003 and higher)
Photo Organization:  Google Picasa 3(Windows only, Mac and Linux in beta)
Blog Editor:  Microsoft Windows Live Writer(Windows only)
Audio Editor:  Audacity(Windows, Mac, and Linux)
Video Screen Capture:  CamStudio (Windows only)
Internet Security:  COMODO Internet Security (Windows only)
CD Burner:  InfraRecorder (Windows only)
Rich Text Editor:  Jarte (Windows only)
Office Suite:  Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise (Windows only)
Virtual Machines:  VirtualBox (Windows, Mac, and Linux)

Wow, I have a bunch to review over the next few months.

Mister IQ, President of the Super Awesome Computer Geek Squad
Send your blog suggestions to any of the email addresses in the 1st widget in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment